The aim of the program is to train child developers and educators who are well-equipped with contemporary knowledge and skills. The students in this program learn to follow the developmental characteristics of children, to take care of child needs and to serve pre-school children. Moreover, this program also aims to train “Child development vocation staff” able to monitor the developments (cognitive, language, motor, self-care, and social-emotional skills) of children and assist children who need special education or who have a chronic disease. Through the courses, the students will develop an awareness of global, cultural and technological changes and be able to adapt themselves to the latest innovations.
DURATION of EDUCATION:
NUMBER of STUDENTS:
200 (1st and 2nd class)
Normal and Evening Programs
PRACTICAL CLASS: 1
In each semester of the second year, there are practical applications which are hold in Special Education Institutions.
Students are placed by central placement by ÖSYM (Student Selection and Placement Centre).
OCCUPATIONAL PROFILE OF GRADUATES:
The students who graduate from this program have the title of “Child Development Vocation Staff”. There is a lot of room to move upwards both educationally and career-wise in the early childhood education field. Areas of employment can be listed as:
- Kindergartens of pre-school education centers of private and state schools,
- Day care homes/ nurseries/ kindergartens affiliated to the Social Services and Child Protection Institution,
- Pediatric clinics, special education centers, organization and foundations for children,
- The field of children’s literature,
- Designer at toy companies,
- Playgrounds of tourism and sport centers,
- Parent trainer at special research and counseling companies,
- Comic creation,
- Television/Film/Media; Theatre/Arts/Dance,
- The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the International Labour Organization (ILO), voluntary organizations, non-governmental organizations.
In addition to above mentioned career options, graduates can also have right to enroll in 4 years programs as:
- Child development
- Teacher of the visually impaired
- Teacher of the hearing impaired
- Pre-school teacher
- Special education teacher
- Social services
- Gifted and talented teacher
- Mentally handicapped teacher